The Government acts as the integrator and catalyst for opportunities in the industries and trade sector; across micro, small-scale, medium and large scale units; and for internal and international trade and commerce.
- To convert Tripura into the preferred destination for industrial and trade activities, thereby affording to State and its people
- Economic development and improved living standards
- Better employment and self employment opportunities
- Optimal utilization of natural and physical resources
- Synergic Partnership – Public-private partnerships in consultancy, planning, implementation, marketing promotion, infrastructure projects etc.
- Time Sensitivity- Long time perspectives over and above any short time gain.
- Economic Soundness
- Policy Analysis- to play a facilitating role that can be both pro-active and responsive
- To improve Basic as well Industrial Infrastructure
- Industrial Growth by attracting Private Investment
- To improve investment climate towards better regulation by removing barriers to competition
- Creation of hassle-free and congenial investment climate.
- To bring significant increase in the State Domestic Product
- Widening of resources base of the state
- Development of connectivity (Internal road, railways and air & telecom)
- Increasing linkages & Trade & Commerce with Bangladesh
- Industries & trade development through policies and incentives for overriding locational disadvantages
- Better social infrastructure
- Enabling Entrepreneurship – building capacities through entrepreneurial and technical skills, training and promotion of self-employment